Mayhem Talk
Please sign in to make a post. If you have not created a profile, please do so now.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Mayhem Talk
Please sign in to make a post. If you have not created a profile, please do so now.
Mayhem Talk
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Healer Specs

3 posters

Go down

Healer Specs Empty Healer Specs

Post  Tallyth Wed Feb 09, 2011 3:53 pm

Anyone have a good healer setup starting with Shaman?

Tallyth

Back to top Go down

Healer Specs Empty Re: Healer Specs

Post  Danno Noheals Thu Feb 10, 2011 4:26 pm

The shaman isn't really a healer as in EQ2. The shaman is a melee/ reactive heal soul that pairs well with a Justicar. These souls allow for a cleric to tank at lower levels, and can serve as a tank in some of the lower-level instances. Similarly, the Caballist/ Inquis souls pair well as a warlock/ wizard type of cleric, which is what I play. I can't heal for shit, but I'm consistently in the top 3 for DPS and can give any high-parsing mage or rogue a run for their money.

If you want to be a healing "purist", I recommend the Sentinal (main)/ Warden (secondary)/ and Purifier (tertiary). Since you can have multiple "roles", or cleric soul combinations, I would recommend playing with a few of the setups. One of the more interesting combos I found from experimenting was the Caballist/ Warden/ Sentinal. Even though this isn't one of the recommended pairings, I was able to consistently be a top 7 healer and top 7 in dps, much like a fury in EQ2. Keep in mind that all of these measurements are in contested raiding settings with at least 25 total players measured.
Danno Noheals
Danno Noheals
Master
Master

https://mayhemguild.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Danno Noheals Thu Feb 10, 2011 5:06 pm

...and register for the forums, slacker!
Danno Noheals
Danno Noheals
Master
Master

https://mayhemguild.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post  varsor Fri Feb 11, 2011 12:56 am

danno had busted yet one more for not registering RUN !!!!!!! he is on the hunt agian we are all doomed !!!

varsor
Mad Skillz, Yo
Mad Skillz, Yo

Back to top Go down

Post  Curate Malice Tue Feb 15, 2011 7:13 am

Shaman is a pure melee dps build in this game. They have a heal and a single self ward, otherwise its reactive effects while fighting, most are additional damage or a self heal when something happens. Justicar is the tank type for healers, they gain health by doing melee damage similiar to inquisitors in eq2. I use sentinal as my last in the build for the instant heal for oh shit situations. My heal build is sentinel, warden and then purifier like danno said.
Curate Malice
Curate Malice
Skillz
Skillz

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum